Thursday, June 5, 2008

Emmy's Special Day

If you've ever watched "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on TLC, I'm sure you're familiar with having a "special day". Emily's special day was yesterday. We went to the Backyardigans Live! show. I was a little worried that Emily wouldn't sit still for the show, but she did a great job.



Emily's "Flighty Fairy" costume. There were wings that went with it. They were really cute. Don't ask.



This was the backdrop for the show



Okay, I know I wasn't supposed to take pictures during the show, but I just couldn't help it.



Sir Tyrone, Knight Uniqua, Flighty Fairy, and Grabbin' Goblin dancing



After the show, I took Emily to Starbucks for her first cup of coffee...

Emily with her first cup of coffee at Starbucks





Just kidding. It was hot chocolate, BUT Emily called it her "foffee". It was so cute.

Now, I know that blogs can become a place where people only talk about the wonderful, perfect family and life that they have, but I'm not perfect, and I don't have a perfect family. On the way out of the Civic Center, Emily got upset that the show was over, wrenched free from my hand, and darted out into the parking lot. My heart froze. I dropped the 5 billion things in my hand and took off (in my heels) to catch her. I caught her and fussed at her as I held her SOOO tight! A very sweet and sympathetic family gathered our stuff and brought it to us. I was in such shock that I probably would have left it there. Needless to say, I was scared out of my mind.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

We have the perfect family, so nothing like that has EVER happened to us. (Looking around for lightning bolts!) Just kidding!! Glad you guys had a fun time. I can tell Emily was enjoying it!

Unknown said...

Next time, remember to do the same thing that mom did to us. Tie a rope around Emily's ankle and the next time she goes darting off, yank hard on it and drag her back in. Look how we turned out?