Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bethany's birthday

I was looking through my posts, and I realized that I never posted Bethany's birthday pictures anywhere- bad Mommy! So, 2 months late, here they are... I will caption before the pictures.



Bethany's birthday cake... lovingly made by Mom. Emily decided she didn't need to wait to have some, so she dug in. Mom was able to fix it a little bit... click on the picture to see what I mean.


My parents and Ken's parents hang out during the party...

This was the closest to a still picture that I got of Bethany. The tiara band didn't stay on long, but it was cute!


I am learning that it's harder and harder to get a picture of Bethany being still. This dress has Bethany's monogram on it. Mom made this dress for Bethany for her birthday!



Emily kept herself entertained by watching "Backyardigans" on Papa's computer with headphones. She's so grown up! Mom made this dress for Emily with Emily's monogram on it. It wasn't for her birthday, but as Nana says, "You can't make a dress for one without making one for the other! It wouldn't be fair!"
Bethany enjoyed opening her gifts!
After awhile, Emily decided to help Bethany! I don't know why I look so serious... maybe I was concentrating??


Emily helps her Bay, and Bay watches very patiently.

Bethany is getting her first glimpse of freedom to pursue sugar. She didn't quite know what to do!

She did figure it out, and took a break to enjoy some milk with her cake!



Okay, there they are. Well, 10 out of about 45, anyway. I just took the highlights for brevity's sake. It was a lot of fun, although the presence of our good friends, the Cheshires', was sorely missed. They were sick with the flu the previous week and didn't want to risk giving it to everyone. (I was thankful for their thoughtfulness, but sad about their absence.) We also hated that Beth wasn't there, but understood that sometimes, family has to come first. We ate some cake in her honor ;)

No comments: