Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Disney World

WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! Now, in the interest of keeping this blog honest, I will tell you that we had more than our fair share of meltdowns, outbursts, and tantrums. And then there were the kids. Haha. Just kidding. It really was so much fun. I think there's an appeal no matter what-aged children you bring. Having said that, I think we're going to wait quite a long time before we go again. I've tried my best to narrow over 175 pictures down to a number that wouldn't be too obnoxious for everyone too look at. I've probably failed at that, but I gave it a good try. I've cheated a little bit, because I've left out all of the pictures with Aunt Dana, Uncle Mark, Madison, Mackenzie, Will, and Mason. I'm going to do a separate blog post with all of those because those were two big days for the girls, too!

Bethany decided that she's the best driver around


Emily hugged the Cinderella statue at Downtown Disney


The girls modeled their Mickey Ears (sadly, the only time they would wear them!)


Emily and I had a Mommy-Daughter date at the Grand Floridian to meet Cinderella


Emily with the Prince


Emily hugs her favorite person in the whole world


Bethany and Daddy make each other laugh as we stand in line


Bethany enjoyed meeting Belle (yes, Emily is pitching a fit in the background)


Emily and Bethany enjoy a ride around TomorrowLand


Emily poses- Aww, so cute!



Family shot with Mickey and Minnie (please note Emily's excitement)


Bethany's favorite moment was meeting Ariel


The girls at the "Cat in the Hat" ride at SuessLand inside Universal (everyone's favorite ride). It actually tells the story during the ride. It was really cool, and we must have ridden that ride 5 times!


Yes, Emily is asleep on the luggage cart


Bethany was asleep, not too far off from Emily!


Well, that is the short version of our trip. I think I've captured everyone's favorite moments. Oh! I've got two funny stories for you:

#1- To meet any of the characters, you have to stand in line. We stood in line at least an hour to meet each set of the characters. The first group that we waited to see was, of course, the princesses (Aurora, Cinderella, and Belle). We had been in line for 1 1/2 hours and were literally the next people in line. Right as the lady turned the corner to let us in, Emily pooped her pants. I looked at Ken and said, "I am NOT getting out of this line to change her diaper." So, we go into the room. First up is Aurora, so we go to meet her. Aurora asks Emily, "What's your name, Sweetie?" Emily looks at her, and at the top of her voice, says, "It's POOP!" You should have seen Aurora's face. It was SOO funny.

#2- Bethany liked meeting the characters, but her favorite by far was Ariel. She kept petting Ariel and cooing at her. When we went to go leave, Ken picked Bethany up, and Bethany started crying. She held her arms out to Ariel, which, of course, melted Ariel's heart. Ariel said, "Aw, c'mere Sweetie" and took Bethany. Bethany laughed and grinned as big as she could and kept giving Ariel cheek hugs. It was so sweet!


1 comment:

Chrystal said...

HAAAA!! Oh my goodness, that is hilarious about Emily's poop situation . . . I would probably have died laughing right there! :)