Monday, March 25, 2013

Jeremiah 29:11- What protection!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

This is one of my very favorite verses of scripture.  It is the promise of a Father to His children.  It is comfort, protection, and peace wrapped up in a statement of ownership.  He knows all.  He created you.  He knows every step you will take before you take it. He has a plan for your life.  He gives you hope and a future. 

This verse has always given me such peace.  When I don't know what to do, or when I don't know how a particularly bad situation is going to end up, I think on this verse.  I pray through this verse.  Every time, I am comforted.  God loves me.  No matter what, God loves me.  He is in control, and He is holding me close.

Thank you, God, for this promise of comfort and of love.  Thank you for loving me, and thank you for giving me a hope and a future. 

No comments: