Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday afternoon musing

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name." Psalm 100:4

Did you do this today? I have to admit, as a mom of young children, I often enter the doors of the church with a sigh of exhaustion, and not with thanksgiving and praise in my heart.  I am tired, and I am replaying the arguments over not being able to find the right shoes, or "I don't want that for breakfast" or "I don't want to wear that one" or "why can't I...".  I am harried because the baby needed a last-minute diaper change and it caused us to be late.  My last-second gulp of coffee hasn't kicked in, and I am tired.
I love this verse, because it reminds me that I am blessed. I CAN come to church with thanksgiving in my heart and with praise on my lips, because HE saw fit to make me a wife and a mother. HE gave me the joy of my salvation, and He, who is Love, fills my heart and my life with thanksgiving and praise. 

Give praise to Him today, because you are blessed.

Lord, thank You for my salvation.  Thank You for loving me, even in my sin.  Please help me to remember that You have given me a calling to be a wife and mother.  Help me to feel the joy that You have filled me with.  Help me to scrub my life of all that is displeasing to You, and fill me up with Your love.  Help me to love others the way You love me.

Amen.

No comments: